Delivery Assistant APPLY NOW
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A TEAM PLAYER TO FILL THE POSITION OF BEING ONE OF OUR AMAZING DELIVERY ASSISTANTS!
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring timely delivery of goods to predetermined customers around Kent and beyond, reviewing orders prior to delivery, loading and unloading lorries and providing exceptional customer service to our customers..
We will provide training to the right person who can demonstrate motivation and a willingness to learn. If you’re interested in joining our delivery team, we encourage you to apply today.
This job requires heavy lifting of fragile goods. So we require a fit and healthy individual for this role
This job is ideal for youngsters that want to gain work experience, if you have college or university we can work around your schedule and if you don't then we have plenty of work for you so it's a great opportunity to be a part of a caring team and learn new skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Helping to load goods into the van for delivery to customers
- Making sure that the goods are loaded securely and will not move or get damaged in transit
- Helping to find the best route for the journey by map reading or using either satellite navigation (satnav) or global positioning system (GPS) software
- Guiding the delivery driver to reverse and park
- Unloading the van and carrying the goods into the customer’s premises or home as per customer specifications
- Getting POD (point of delivery) signatures and perhaps taking payment or orders
- Building or assembling furniture or other equipment on site in some cases
- Helping to clean the vehicle
Qualifications and Skills
- Willingness to learn
- Strong customer service skills
- Must possess a positive and professional attitude
- Maintain ongoing communication with our warehouse and office teams
- This job requires no previous work experience we will provide the right training if we think you are the right person for the job
|||Based out of Whitstable |||Delivery Team||||||qf4f3Hqwh~_LpxrN|||PART_TIME|||GBP|||HOUR|||range||||||||||||false